Here’s a bunch of things you didn’t know you could do on Facebook
This will change your life. If Facebook is your life.
We all love a good Facebook sesh, right?
There ARE some things we wish we could do on our social media giant.
Well, guess what?
You can do them.
1. You can tell your friends how to pronounce your name
2. You can disable that “seen” receipt in Facebook Messages
How? Download the “Facebook Unseen Chrome Extension” or install “Chat Undetected” for other browsers. The only problem is, if you install this, you can’t see when your friends have “seen” YOUR messages.
3. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ALL YOUR FRIENDS’ BIRTHDAYS TO OUTLOOK OR GOOGLE CALENDAR
Never miss a birthday again.
Copy “upcoming events and birthdays” in the events section.
Open up Google Calendar, click on the down arrow next to “OTHER CALENDARS > ADD URL”, then paste the URL and you’re good to go.
For outlook - Tools > Account Settings > Internet Calendars
You. Are. Welcome.
4. Did you know you have an “Other” messages section in your inbox?
To open, hit up the “other” link next to “inbox” on the message icon drop down.
This is for randoms who aren’t your friends on Facebook.
5. Search for ONE PARTICULAR post.
Yes. You can do this.
Head to the search section at the top and type the name of the person who posted it, along with a key word, and it should appear in the results.
6. Going travelling? Get ideas from searching the location on Facebook - it brings up all your friends’ photos from that one place.
7. You can hide your Facebook friends list from your profile.
Friends > edit privacy > Set Friends List setting to ONLY ME.
8. Share a post with everyone except one or a couple of people.
9. Get to know the Facebook Cover Photo size.
Finding a photo to fit this damn cover dimension is HARD, particularly as they’re obviously different for mobile and desktop.
Desktop - 851 x 315 pixels
Mobile - 399 x 150 pixels
10. STOP APP REQUESTS EG CANDY CRUSH SAGA
ERMAGERD. You can sterp these notificertions!
In your phone, go to MORE > SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > MOBILE PUSH and uncheck that thing.
11. Hide your online chat status
So if you’re super busy and you can’t get around to “chatting”, it doesn’t look like you’re online…
ADVANCED SETTINGS > TURN OFF CHAT FOR ALL FRIENDS > TURN OFF CHAT FOR ONLY SOME FRIENDS - add friends to that list or names of people you’d like to appear offline to.
Brutal. But handy.
12. You can send money via Messenger.
There’s a little $ sign down the bottom of your FB message chats. If you enter the amount you want to pay your mates, (max $10K per month), using PayPal, you can transfer that cash.
You can only use debite card though - and you enter those details in Facebook Settings > Payments.
13. Create a look back video of your entire Facebook history.
Go to Facebook.com/lookback to watch your entire time on Facebook in a video. It’s automatically generated. Wowness.
Now, you are a Facebook expert.
You are welcome.